Monday, January 7, 2013

Hopes for 2013



Hopes for 2013


We hope that you all had a fine festive period, and are looking forward to the New Year.  Around the world that has been a lack of good news, it seems that there is a rising tide of pessimism.  We at IBS-Health.com do not see it that way.  We see this as the year that you can start to make the changes which will improve the quality of your life forever.


Forgetting all the external factors for a moment, it is very easy to lose sight of the importance of taking care of ourselves.  Many of us have families to provide for and other people to think of of, which results in our own needs being put on the back burner.  For ourselves and the benefit of those around us it is vital that we do take the time this year to address our IBS.


Depending on the nature of your IBS the ease or difficulty of this will vary a great deal.  For those who have a lifelong condition patience and resolve will be required.  There is no cure yet for people with lifelong issues, however for those who may have had IBS bought on by external factors such as courses of medication and stress, we can most certainly help.





Our Raison d'etre

2012 was one of the greatest years of my life, as I was able to make decisions without being influenced by IBS.  Where I went, what I did, when I did it,  were decisions that had previously been dictated by my condition, however in 2012 after a lifetime of struggle with IBS, I finally felt I'd won, I was back in charge, with the result being I had an incredible year. 

I have not cured IBS, I have not discovered a miracle treatment, I have discovered a way of managing IBS to the point where my life is my ow again.  This site is a reaction to the happiness that freedom has bought me.  I want others who have had there lives controlled by IBS to be able to taste the freedom that comes from winning the battle with IBS.

Our hope for 2013 is that we can help as many sufferers of IBS as possible to enjoy their lives to the fullest, we hope that we can help them to the point that IBS is no longer the dominant factor in their day.  We hope we can help you.




To Hope - a poem by John Keats


To Hope
John Keats


When by my solitary hearth I sit,
And hateful thoughts enwrap my soul in gloom;
When no fair dreams before my "mind's eye" flit,
And the bare heath of life presents no bloom;
Sweet Hope, ethereal balm upon me shed,
And wave thy silver pinions o'er my head!

Whene'er I wander, at the fall of night,
Where woven boughs shut out the moon's bright ray,
Should sad Despondency my musings fright,
And frown, to drive fair Cheerfulness away,
Peep with the moonbeams through the leafy roof,
And keep that fiend Despondence far aloof!

Should Disappointment, parent of Despair,
Strive for her son to seize my careless heart;
When, like a cloud, he sits upon the air,
Preparing on his spell-bound prey to dart:
Chase him away, sweet Hope, with visage bright,
And fright him as the morning frightens night!

Whene'er the fate of those I hold most dear
Tells to my fearful breast a tale of sorrow,
O bright-eyed Hope, my morbidfancy cheer;
Let me awhile thy sweetest comforts borrow:
Thy heaven-born radiance around me shed,
And wave thy silver pinions o'er my head!

Should e'er unhappy love my bosom pain,
From cruel parents, or relentless fair;
O let me think it is not quite in vain
To sigh out sonnets to the midnight air!
Sweet Hope, ethereal balm upon me shed,
And wave thy silver pinions o'er my head!

In the long vista of the years to roll,
Let me not see our country's honour fade:
O let me see our land retain her soul,
Her pride, her freedom; and not freedom's shade.
From thy bright eyes unusual brightness shed
Beneath thy pinions canopy my head!

Let me not see the patriot's high bequest,
Great Liberty! how great in plain attire!
With the base purple of a court oppress'd,
Bowing her head, and ready to expire:
But let me see thee stoop from heaven on wings
That fill the skies with silver glitterings!

And as, in sparkling majesty, a star
Gilds the bright summit of some gloomy cloud;
Brightening the half veil'd face of heaven afar:
So, when dark thoughts my boding spirit shroud,
Sweet Hope, celestial influence round me shed,
Waving thy silver pinions o'er my head!


To Hope
John Keats







No comments:

Post a Comment